Full-Time Apple, Product Quality Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Apple Quality team is looking for a motivated, highly-technical Quality Manager to support outbound quality management. He / She will be responsible for supporting NPI qualification and sustaining quality management for many of Apple’s products.
Position requires travel in China to different manufacturing locations.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 Years experience in Manufacturing Environment
- Demonstrated technical skills including experience and thorough understanding of Assembly, Test, Pack-out, processes.
- Highly motivated and ability to drive closure of issues across cultures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to concisely understand and communicate issues and lead a team to solution are required.
- Ability to multi-task, balancing daily activities with project related activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Mandarin speaking a plus
- Person with high passion and energy
- Experience of working in consumer goods industry where cosmetic quality is as critical as functionality
- Detailed knowledge of consumer electronics and usage scenarios
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- On site build support; willing to work from OEM factories.
- Focus on a few specific products made by Apple’s manufacturing partners in China
- Factory audit and inventory management
- Trouble shooting / failure analysis and problem solving
- Architect and implement testing that mimic the customer experience
- Manage quality escalation issues as directed by the Product Quality Manager
- Support AppleCare Service & Engineering on specific requests
- Conduct periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data with OEM partners
- Leads Weekly Sustaining and New Product Quality Improvement Forums
- Generate monthly outbound quality health summary
- Support/Attend new product development builds as required
- Perform Audits at the manufacturing partners to ensure compliance
- Domestic and International Travel is required
- Engineering Degree required (MS preferred) or equivalent with 5 years of experience in either manufacturing or product development of consumer products.
About the company
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.
Address and contact
Yi Tian Holiday Plaza, No. 9028 Shennan Road,
Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China