Full-Time Apple, System Test Design Lead
Responsible for leading all the ongoing factory tests being conducted in the Mobile Group, for new product introduction from prototype to mass production. This includes:
- Working closely with the development teams, early in the product development lifecycle, to define product tests for functionality and performance.
- Specifying calibration station, test stations and diagnostics for calibrating and measuring product features.
- Responsible for the development of test procedures, test plans and test reports.
- Developing/executing project plans. Specifying/implementing test process control and data collection, documenting all the ongoing tests.
- Be the main contact concerning tests and processes with our Contract Manufacturers.
- Interact with internal groups at Apple to ensure that tests are being performed adequately and on time.
- Responsible for communicating to management and technical staff the outcome of all of the tests for the different products and corrective actions.
- This position requires ability to deal with dynamic and rapidly changing environment requiring decision making with ambiguous information. 20% travel estimate in 5-10 day trips.
- BS or MS EE/ME/Physical Sciences 5+ years of experience as a design or design validation engineer in one of the following technologies is required: PCB (e.g SoC, Memory), Power or Battery Display, acoustic, opto-electronics, touch, sensors or camera Automation control Excellent understanding of HW/SW architecture and interoperability of a complex systems.
- Fundamental EE knowledge is a must Experience leading technical project Experience with technologies and tests involved in mobile devices is a plus Excellent analytical and problem solving skills Knowledge of data analysis and statistics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude lead product manager with the desire to work with a great team and product
Apple’s HW Engineering Test Design Lead (TDL) is a terrific leadership position for an engineer interested in working in a fast paced environment and willing to drive exciting cross-functional projects.
About the company
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.
Address and contact
Yi Tian Holiday Plaza, No. 9028 Shennan Road,
Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China