Full-Time AsianBiz Consulting, Business Development Manager ( Shanghai )
This position contributes to the success of AsianBiz by generating proactive new leads and partnerships; building up and maintaining relationships, delighting the AsianBiz community by acting as an ambassador of the AsianBiz guiding principles, culture and values, and providing 5-star service, with the ultimate goal of reaching and exceeding the defined personal- and team-sales targets.
This role involves working with an international and highly driven sales team, while supporting and working closely with other departments such as the marketing and center teams. You will be reporting to the Business Development and Sales Director and your responsibilities will be, but are not limited to, the outlined responsibilities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
1. Business Development
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals
- Executes a partner strategy aimed at law firms, chambers of commerce, and business consulting firms in order to generate new business
- Attend business events to increase brand awareness and professional network, as well as to find business opportunities
- Perform sales and marketing activities, including ad-hoc and special projects
- Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed
2. Sales Performance
- Identify, research, and contact prospects using all available means, including cold-calling, direct mail, face to face meetings, and more in order to solicit sales
- Utilize the sales tools and maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in service cross-selling
- Identify the expectations and needs of the prospect and prepare commercial proposals accordingly
- Drive high level conversion of all services through effectively following the sales process, ultimately resulting in a positive impact to the company’s profitability
- Meet or exceed the sales targets/metrics, such as revenue targets, deal volumes and conversion ratios for KPI’s
3. Business Process/Support
- Report sales activity weekly and monthly as per sales process
- Develop a database of qualified leads, and maintain them using the CRM software
- Participate in and add value to the sales team meetings and training sessions
- Work collaboratively with all team members and various departments to ensure service quality
- Continuously develop real estate and territory knowledge within all the following areas: competition, industry segments, market segments, target companies
- Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives
- Full time position
- Work independently as well as in a team
- May travel on a daily basis from business center to business center in the city center of Shanghai
- Flexibility to work the hours required to solicit new leads, make contact with prospects and partners to close deals
Desired Skills and Expertise
- 4+ years of proven success in sales or business development
- Commercial experience including account management skills, direct sales, and negotiation
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge that facilitate effective presentations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal & external relationships
- Problem-solving & planning skills and able to work under pressure to manage a fluctuating workload
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Fluent in English, additional language is a plus
About the company
AsianBiz is the market leader for serviced offices and consulting services in Shanghai. Since 2003, we offer a unique concept to our clients. We provide a combination of office and administrative solutions for local and foreign enterprises who want to start and grow their business in China.
AsianBiz is a fast growing company with 16 resource centers in premium locations across Shanghai. Our in-house consulting team has a long experience in developing high-quality consulting services and acquiring strong China market expertise, and takes care of projects related to company incorporation, accounting, taxation, human resources, legal advice, and more.. We are engaged in foreign investment consultation and provides comprehensive business solutions. Our main clients consist of small and medium enterprises from all around the world. In addition to our SME clients, we also serve large, multinational companies such as Richemont, United Colours of Benetton, Polycom, UPS, and more.
Working for AsianBiz offers you the unique opportunity to become a member of the AsianBiz community (1500+ members), and to be part of an ambitious and passionate, fast growing company, with more than 100 employees who share the same company vision: Building Bridges between China and Businesses Worldwide.
Senben Plaza Business Center, 567 Tianyaoqiao Rd, Xuhui, Shanghai, China