Full-Time Coca Cola, Marketing Manager-Sprite ( Shanghai )
Since 2008, Sprite has been China’s No 1 Sparkling brand with over 28% vol share, and it is Coca-Cola company’s biggest Sprite market globally. In the past 10 years, Sprite has enjoyed a CAGR of +13% contributed by 4 simple reasons:
Own “Sudden refreshment” which is core to Sparkling category;
Deep and wide distribution nationally;
Consistent and focused communication on intrinsic “sudden refreshment”;
Relatively healthier brand image because of its clear and clear liquid and crisp lemon/lime taste.
However, We Also Face The Challenge Because Of The Historical Intrinsic Focus Communication
Despite Sprite’s huge consumer base on aware and acceptance, our brand love score is low at 8%, and this means that we are not connection with our consumers at an emotional level. In a category like Sparkling which has little product innovation, brand love is very critical to build sustainable business growth.
With the emerging of still category, in particular water and RTD tea which are competing with sparkling on “refreshment” , we start to loose relevancy due to lack of “innovation” (this innovation is wider than product innovation, its includes innovation on product, communication, activation, packaging, equipment, etc)
We do not own a typical ritual which reminds consumers consumption frequency of Sprite
To Help Coca-Cola Company To Achieve Its 2020 Version Which Sparkling Needs To Growth Faster Than NARTD, Sprite Takes a Critical Role And Must Identify The Growth Strategy And Plan In The Below 3 Areas
How Sprite can become a category lead to attract China youth into the sparkling focusing on its core benefits “refreshment”
How we can help to convert huge Sprite user base into huge Sprite love base
How we can create a ritual to drive Sprite consumption frequency
This Sprite Marketing Manager Position Will Take The Lead On The Below Tasks To Ensure That Sprite Can Achieve Above 3 Strategies
Annual strategic business plan (next 3 year plan) and execution brand plan (next year plan) development
Annual Sprite category recruitment plan development and implementation
Summer plan (peak season of Sprite and core competitive categories)
Innovation plan (product, package, equipment, communication, etc.)
Key Result Areas
Marketing Planning (20%)
- Develop the overall strategic brand plan and execution brand plans which are effective in delivering the volume, profit and share objectives, as well as building brand equity measured.
- Identify incremental volume and growth opportunities in innovation, such as product, packaging, equipment and communication based on brand’s core, market environment and sound consumer insights.
- Monitor competitive activities, brand health and brand share. Propose action to defend against competitive initiatives.
- Thoroughly understand the local consumers and develop brand strategies based on sound consumer insight
- Work with in-house and external research team to continuously deepen our consumer understanding – superior to competition
- Cascade the consumer learning to Advertising Agency, bottler and within internal system
- Lead the Brand Managers to ensure excellent execution of marketing plan.
- Work closely with Group office and Atlanta to ensure strategic global alignment.
Performance Management (15%)
- Utilize Scorecard system to continuously measure (monthly process) and monitor Sprite’s volume performance and performance across key brand equity and operational measures.
- Utilize Brand Rolling Estimate system to measure volume and profit performance by brand and for the portfolio, provide explanation for variances versus budget and clearly communicate risks and opportunities and the appropriate corrective actions to be taken to minimize risk.
Advertising Development (15%)
- Push for new creative ideas for each respective campaign.
- Work with internal Creative Excellence team to lead the Advertising Agency to think strategically and focus on developing high quality advertising which truly leverage on superior consumer insights.
- Monitor execution of all projects and ensure prompt delivery in relation to overall marketing schedule.
- Participation in regional copy development.
- Work closely with in-house media team and Agency to develop effective media plan for each respective brand.
- Drive innovative media ideas.
New Product, Package and Equipment Development (15%)
- Take a lead role in the new product development process to identify new business-building opportunities via use of the Clarity stage-gate process.
- Lead in the identification and refinement of relevant new product or package or equipment propositions to be executed in the marketplace.
- Execute product formulation and package development work through R&D and technical functions.
- Work with Consumer Insights team to refine and optimize product formulations, packaging and positioning and communications developmental work.
- Analyze and develop operational strategies including understanding basic production and packaging processes and costing parameters. Manage the co-ordination and execution of operational activities including the development of operational timelines and capital plans related to supply chain management, equipment installation, production, capex investments.
- Manage and analyze commercial related financial activities including value chain development, retail pricing and margin analysis, detailed product and business system costing, new equipment capital estimates and IRR, payback and NPV analysis.
Integrated Marketing Communication (10%)
- Work closely with internal Integrated Marketing Communication team, Commercial leadership team, key accounts team and bottler team to develop the most compelling brand execution plan covering both ATL and BTL.
- Give timely feedback, input and inspiration to ensure execution plan is well aligned with brand strategy and brand proposition, while remain creative and impactful following 70: 20:10 rule (70% known method, 20% proven innovative communication tool; 10% innovation but un-known)
Bottler Interaction (10%)
- Work with bottler to analyze, develop and execute sales and distribution plans including developing channel specific packaging strategies, merchandising standards, pricing strategies and distribution targets
- Act as co-ordination point between different functions of bottler to cascade brand activities information and ensure alignment
- Supervision of executional details
DMI Control (5%)
- Effective allocation of Direct Marketing Expense and monitor the expense status
Personnel Development (5%)
- Develop career path and provide on-the-job training to subordinate
- Imports and exports good ideas
- Persuades and inspires others
- Pursues innovation and change with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Balance intuition and fact to distill complex thought into compelling ideas
- Delivers Results
- Develops and Inspires Others
- Understanding consumers and develop insights based on emerging trends
- Understanding of how to define brand positioning and architecture and build brands & brand equity
- Product and packaging mix development experience
- Creating consumer marketing objectives, strategies & plans
- Create locally relevant brand communications
- P&L value chain analysis experience
Knowledge and Experience
- 8 years relevant working experience in leading International FMCG Company.
- Bachelor degree is must, MBA is preferred
- Excellent written and oral Chinese & English skills
- Travel up to 15% of work time under normal conditions
About the company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world’s most valuable brand, our Company’s portfolio features 15 billion dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks.
Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.7 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world’s top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system employees.
Address and contact
No.1188, Ziyue Road, Zizhu Science Based Industrial Park, Minhang District, Shanghai, China