Full-Time Colt, Operations Manager ( Native Chinese )
A skilled technical professional with business exposure, the Operations Manager will direct production and optimize its operations, maintaining the link between engineering and factory.
Additionally, the Operations Manager will partner with the GM in executing business plans and, when needed, contribute to their elaboration.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the Production units (sheet metal, welding, assembly), providing monitoring and supervision to properly execute projects
- Optimize the efficiency of the plant in terms of process management, implementing standardized processes on project execution, increasing standardization on products
- Develop strong and effective collaboration with Engineering, facilitating the transition between project elaboration and execution.
- Maintain similar relationship with Customer Service, enhancing customers’ pre- and after sales support
- Provide support and supervision to Purchasing and Logistics units for enhancing on time delivery of materials from local manufacturers
- Supervise Quality Control unit in guaranteeing the high level outcomes of the final product
- Coordinate with the General Manager in the execution of strategic business plans, proactively proposing initiatives to enhance efficiency and competitiveness by continuously evaluating business solutions; when needed, cooperate in elaboration of plans
- Management of the production process and effective coordination of projects development
- Improvement of process management and achievement of its optimization via standardization; maximization of operations’ efficiency in accordance with the overall company strategy
- Guarantee of on-time delivery of projects and support in enhancing supplier’s reliability in materials delivery
- Direct improvement and regulation of quality standards of Colt products
Desired Skills and Experience
- Around 10 years of progressively advancing experience in the manufacturing industry, with 3 to 5 years in factory management
- Experience in the sheet metal fabrication or metal/mechanical sector
- University degree in Engineering and solid technical background along with significant business exposure
- Strong people, process, and project management skills with hands-on attitude, ability to think ahead and make and follow action plans
- High quality orientation, will to enhance process efficiency and to become a trusted management partner
- Solid team coordination skills, highly motivational and with problem solving attitude
- Proven track record in Lean manufacturing or similar would be considered a strong advantage
- Native in Chinese and fluent English language skills; previous experience in an international company
About the company
Colt is a specialist in smoke control, climate control and HVAC systems, industrial ventilation and solar shading, with a presence in more than 50 countries and all the continents through a network of branches and distributors.
A family business, Colt was founded in the United Kingdom in 1931 as a company with a dynamic entrepreneurial approach and a strong belief in innovation in its DNA. Since its origins, Colt has been working on harnessing the natural elements to provide healthy, comfortable and safe working and living conditions in buildings.
The company pioneered the science of smoke control and the research into the behaviour of smoke from fires since the 1950s and has since participated in the formulation of the European EN standards and other worldwide standards.
Over the years, Colt broadened its areas of expertise to include natural ventilation, climate control and solar shading with daylight optimization. At present, its solutions include smoke control systems, climate control and HVAC systems, industrial ventilation systems, solar shading and daylight optimization systems.
Colt has been present in China since 2006, when it has set up its own wholly-owned company in Shenzhen, Colt (China) Manufacturing Company Limited, focusing on high-quality ventilation solutions to the Asia-Pacific and Middle East region.
Address and contact
Hua Chuang Da Industrial Park
Da Fu Road, Da Fu Industrial Area
Ku Keng Ao Bei of Guanlan
Shenzhen of P. R. China
Tel.: : +86-755-29832280
Fax : +86-755-29832282