Full-Time d.light design, Engineering Manager
d.light is hiring an Engineering Manager(Electrical/Hardware focus) with strong experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team, which consists of a group of Electrical/Hardware Design and testing Engineers.
The qualified candidate should be a seasoned Electrical/Hardware Design expert, who has solid experiences design consumer electronic products.
This position requires a team leader with deep/broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of solar power and charging system electronics and hardware development.
- Hands-on leader and mentor to a growing cross-functional engineering team;
- Managing resources to deliver high-quality work amid shifting priorities and/or potentially tight delivery schedules;
- Working closely with Marketing, Product Design, Project management and Operations to architect and develop solar lighting systems;
- Preparing and reviewing technical requirements and hardware design specifications, and assuring designs meet requirements;
- Instill best practices for hardware development, testing, and documentation;
- Reporting status of product development to management;
- Proactively managing touch-points and development milestones with other departments to ensure a high level of communication and service.
- Set KPI for engineering team and guide and motivate team members to achieve it.
- 10+ years experience as a hardware design engineer, and electrical design expert;
- 5+ years experience of managing large engineering teams around 20-30 people;
- Proven success in building, motivating, and mentoring a R&D group;
- High competency with planning and executing complex technical projects, including resource estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules;
- Capable of analyzing and designing consumer electronics circuits optimized for cost and power efficiency;
- Expertise in digital, power, analog circuits, microcontroller assembly code, circuit prototyping, and PCB layout and assembly;
- Extensive experience personally creating new designs and seeing them through to mass production;
- Experience working with China CMs;
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Experience in high efficiency appliance and solar-charging system design;
- Experience with designing and optimizing battery charging systems;
- Experience with AC/DC power control and design;
- Deep technical skills with a track record of successful delivery as an individual contributor and leader;
- Interest in products for the developing world, social and humanitarian goals.
Nice to Have
- Experience with LED driving and performance optimization;
- Experience with solar photovoltaic cell design and development;
About the company
Founded in 2006 as a for-profit social enterprise, d.light manufactures and distributes solar lighting and power products designed to serve the more than 2 billion people globally without access to reliable electricity. Through over a dozen field offices and four distribution hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United States, d.light has sold over 6 million solar light and power products in 62 countries, improving the lives of more than 30 million people. d.light is dedicated to providing the most reliable, affordable and accessible solar lighting and power systems for the developing world and reaching 100 million people by 2020.
8th Floor, Tianjian Innovation Building,
No.7 Shangbao Road, Futian, Shenzhen, China 518034