Full-Time Dell, Sales Engineer
A career as a pre-sales Solutions Architect is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a technical, consultative solution selling role.
- The Solutions Architect will be responsible for working with the regions field sales account executives and their technical sales team to apply Dell’s Solutions to the customer’s challenges.
- The Solutions Architect will be an integral part of the solution sales effort and will take the lead role in recommending the appropriate solutions for the customer.
- As the Solutions Architect, it is expected that you will drive the demand and opportunities in your area and ensure the respective sales teams learning through your leadership.
- As the primary representative of Dell’s Data Center Solutions you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and closing these opportunities with our customers.
- You will be responsible for working with your local account teams to ensure they are discovering and pre-qualifying these opportunities for you.
- The Solutions Architect is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with the key decision makers and executives within your customers. It is expected that you will leverage these relationships to ensure Dell DCS is best positioned to solve your customers’ problem.
- Must have a thorough understanding of, and experience with servers, storage, layer 3 networking and enterprise software.
- A working knowledge of Data Centers (power and cooling schemes, etc), enterprise technologies, etc.
- A minimum of 8 years technical work experience, selling end to end solutions leveraging a wide variety of technologies and IT certifications is needed.
- Customer facing experience and the ability to deal with ambiguity and has ability to translate complex technical topics to any level within a company (IT Admin to the CEO).
- The candidate must be able to work independently, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge in high performance systems (large scale installations, clustering, high throughput, etc), familiarity with customer challenges (modeling, simulation, large scale problems, Microsoft and Linux systems software, layer 3 networking, and server/storage management and IT consolidation principles).
- MBA is preferred.
About the company
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end computing solutions company, Dell continues to transform computing and provide high quality solutions that empower people to do more all over the world.
With more than 100,000 team members across the globe, Dell serves customers ranging from the world’s largest businesses and public-sector organizations, to small and medium businesses, and individual consumers. Dell’s team members are deeply committed to serving our community, regularly dedicating volunteer hours to over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received numerous accolades ranging from employer of choice to energy conservation awards.
At Dell, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. This means fostering an open approach to technology innovation that delivers effective solutions for all customer challenges. We believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone.
1001 Shangbu Middle Rd