Full-Time Epam Systems, Java Developer ( Front Office )
The role would be within the Front Office Core Data Services (CDS) team based in Hong Kong. The CDS team is amidst a multi-year project to revamp and build-out a central equities data services system catering to various facets of the cash and derivatives business.
- The individual in this role will be expected to spend 90% of their time performing direct development related activities such as coding, design, configuration management, releases and post implementation support.
- The individual will be part of a global team that works together to arrive at architectural decisions in solving challenging problems.
- The role will require participation with different teams both in-region and overseas to successfully deliver to the business needs.
- 5-8 years hands-on experience with Core Java using data structures, algorithms, network programing using NIO.
- Programming using Linux/Unix environment is essential.
- Development experience to build-out high performance, high availability, high throughput, low latency, high capacity, transaction-oriented distributed system is desired
- Experience with development in financial environment catering to static data
- Hands-on experience with SQL is required
- Hands-on experience with web-development is desirable
- Experience with scripting using Shell or Perl is desirable
- In case of clearly exceptional Core Java candidates, some of the other elements is flexible.
- 4 years bachelor’s degree or international equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to explain concepts and ideas clearly to business and development
- Be someone who has the confidence to challenge the status quo, take initiatives to solve problems
About the company
Established in 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) is recognized as a leader in software product development by independent research agencies. Headquartered in the United States, EPAM employs over 10 500+ IT professionals and serves clients worldwide utilizing its award-winning Central and Eastern European global delivery platform and its locations in 17 countries across 4 continents. In 2013, EPAM was ranked by Forbes as #6 among America’s 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies and #2 on the list of America’s Best Small Companies: 20 Fast-Growing Tech Stars.
Address and contact
Vision Shenzhen Business Park
No. 9 Gaoxin 9th South Road
Building 8, Floor 8
Shenzhen Hi-Tech Industrial Park
Shenzhen China 518057