Full-Time HP, Quality Engineer
Ensure the quality, reliability, and availability of purchased materials. Responsible for the qualification of supplier processes and purchased material for conformance to product specification and HP programs such as Social Environmental Responsibility (SER). Monitors purchased materials through the product lifecycle. Communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur. Responsible for supplier development and corrective actions. Supports the manufacturing process by ensuring commodities used in producing products are readily available, meet quality requirements, and are cost efficient. Evaluates supplier capabilities to ensure production output can meet HP demand in both normal and abnormal supply conditions (i.e. multiple sourcing, geographic diversity). Works with other quality functions to audit suppliers as appropriate to ensure performance to HP quality objectives.
- Designs and integrates quality requirements, processes, and practices into the development, design, manufacturing, and continuous improvement of portions of a product or solution
- Analyzes and reviews portions of new product and solution designs and specifications for potential quality issues; provides tangible feedback and proposes changes to improve product quality and minimize risk of failures.
- Consolidates and analyzes reports, test data, and process results for assigned portions of components to identify trends and issues, perform root-cause analysis and propose resolutions
- Communicates product and process issue analysis to quality engineering leader and product team; implements specified changes to product or process to reduce defects, improve quality, and lower costs.
- Bachelor”s or Master”s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in fan manufacturing process preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and processes
- Ability to apply analytical, statistics, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of material properties, hardware and electrical component design and manufacture, and industry quality standards and methodologies
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs, specifications, and compliance with quality standard.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate quality plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.
About the company
We are in a multi-year journey to turn HP around, and we have put in place a plan to restore HP to growth. We know where we need to go, and we’re making progress.We continue to drive product innovation in our core markets, with a focus on cloud, security, and big data. We see big opportunities ahead, and we are well positioned to take advantage of these opportunities with our remarkable set of assets and strengths. We have the people, the plan, and the foundation in place to help us succeed on the next phase of the journey.”
Address and contact
Shenzhen City Center for four 1- The 1st Section 3 31 F Kerry Plaza
Futian District, Shenzhen, China (518040)