Full-Time JDSU, Senior Manager ( Transceiver Research And Development )
JDSU is seeking an experienced Sr. manager of R&D for fiber optic transceivers at JDSU’s Shenzhen site. The position will be responsible for managing transceiver development at this site and will be part of a larger development team with groups in California.
As a manager you have been very successful in leading and managing a team of engineers and technicians responsible for all aspects of transceiver development as well as ensuring that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all development team members are clearly defined and communicated.
You thrive on learning, harnessing and implementing the “best practices” of the organization to continue the developed culture focused on execution and you do this through communicating effectively to ensure the efforts of the Shenzhen development team are aligned with over-all goals.
Working directly with customers on all aspects of development including product definition, schedule, status updates, and issue resolution is something that you thoroughly enjoy while also having the ability to maintain an effective reporting and tracking system for the development projects.
- Manage transceiver development team of engineers and technicians in Shenzhen, China
- Provide technical leadership in all aspects of optical transceiver design (e.g. RF, mechanical design, test methodologies).
- Work with program management to define development plans, resources, schedules, milestones and budgets and to make critical design choices and contingency plans.
- Manage compliance to quality assurance processes and industry recognized best practices.
- Interface with customers and other functional teams within JDSU such as Product Engineering and Product Line Management.
- Coach, mentor and motivate team members.
- Solve complex problems.
- Work with multiple teams in global environment, in multiple sites.
- Experience and success developing and managing R&D teams in the communications industry, preferably with a company involved in the production of fiber optic products;
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, high-intensity development environment;
- Demonstrated ability to assess skills and lead a diverse group of professionals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Masters or PhD in electrical engineering, solid state physics, optical communications or a related field
- 7 years experience in a product development environment with at least 5 years experience in people management and engineering management.
- A technical background in optical transceiver or optical transponder design is desirable.
- Experienced in taking development programs from concept to manufacturing.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Experience working in a global marketplace and interacting with all levels of management.
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills to manage and lead individuals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good English written and oral communication skills.
About the company
JDSU serves markets that are at the heart of what’s important, making virtually every network in the world faster and more reliable. JDSU leads the fastest-growing segments of the optical-networking market: tunable XFPs, transport blades, and reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADMs). From development and planning, through deployment and turn-up testing, to optimization and assurance, JDSU test instruments, software, and expertise ensure that all networks—xDSL, fiber, cable, and wireless—are always working at their best.
JDSU also applies its sophisticated optical technologies to a range of markets that use light to achieve a unique purpose, from fighting counterfeiting and protecting consumer brands to enabling satellites.
Address and contact
10th Floor, Resources Tech Building No.1 Songpingshan Rd. North Building
Shenzhen High-Tech Industrial Park North Block, Nanshan District , Shenzhen , 518057
Tel : +86 (755) 8691-0100
Fax : +86 (755) 8691-0101