Full-Time Meten, English Teacher (Online)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Teaching Online
- Teaching English online on a regular basis and willing to take on extra work, such as teaching classes arranged at short notice.
- Studying& understanding the Meten teaching philosophy. Observing and commenting on other classes. Giving feedback & producing & preparing some constructive suggestions. Preparing some sample classes, according to the demands of teaching, selling and promoting.
Developing and Maintaining Teaching Resources
- Participating in upgrading the teaching system and creating some teaching courses, according to the product development planning.
- Giving feedback and suggestions about teaching resources regularly.
- Assisting the outsourcing of teaching resource development projects. Checking & and proofreading the teaching resources.
Teaching and Research
- Organizing & participating in the regular meetings for teaching and research. Sharing knowledge and teaching skills with other teachers
- Organizing & participating in some activities related to teaching and research. Communicating with coworkers in our& other departments.
- Coordinating and assisting our coworkers in our& different departments to help the whole workflow to be successful.
Reporting your work
- Reporting what you have done in your job to your supervisor and manager regularly. Making sure that the report is authentic, detailed and precise.
Working Days and Hours:
- The full-time teacher’s business hours are from 10:00am to 9:00pm every day. There are two shifts per day.Morning shifts: 10:00am to 6:00pm. Evening shifts: 1:00pm to 9:00pm.
- The teacher is willing to accept the working day& day-off schedule and accept the shifts in terms of the business needs from the sales team and the teaching team. The teacher has 5 working days and 2 off-days per week. The normal weekend days (Saturday & Sunday) are not promised to be days off. There is usually 1 morning shifts and 4 evening shifts in a week. The teacher will be told the schedule at least one week in advance.
- The teacher’s working hours in a day are 8 hours. The teacher should spend 5 hours teaching demo classes. The time slots are arranged according to the business needs from our sales team and our teaching team. The time slots in a week are usually stable. The time slots will be arranged and teachersinformed one week in advance. When not teaching, the demo teachers will be expected to use their time to design materials for class and plan and deliver in house training.
- Demo classes last for 15-30minutes. There might be 2 demo classes in an hour. The teacher should submit their evaluation of clients immediately after each demo class.
- All teachers can log into the website and check their schedules so that they can-attend their classes on time.
About the company
METEN ENGLISH was established in 2006 with the sole purpose of offering the English language to English learners. The first center opened in Chongqing back in 2006. Since then METEN ENGLISH has expanded to 59 centers in 19 cities throughout China, including Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Foshan, Beijing, Suzhou, Xiamen, Chengdu, Chongqing and Wuhan. METEN English currently employees over 2000 teaching and administrative employees including 350 Foreign English teachers and 400 local Chinese English teachers. METEN ENGLISH has successfully taught more than 60, 000 students since 2006. Each METEN ENGLISH center occupies 1000-2000㎡ and is equipped with state of the art equipment. This includes a coffee bar, theatre, library, lab area with many computers with internet access and comfortable and spacious classrooms that allows students to study in a comfortable and relaxing environment. Our centers are specially designed to give our students and teachers the optimal learning atmosphere. METEN ENGLISH’s R&D center is one of the only few Chinese owned English education companies in China to be registered with an internationally accredited R&D center. METEN ENGLISH’s R&D center currently has over 100 course developers possessing masters or doctorate degrees. METEN ENGLISH’s curriculum is unique and extremely effective for Chinese students striving to raise their English Levels. Our curriculum and textbooks are developed and designed by our own teaching department and have been revised over the years in order to best meet the needs of both our students and our teachers. As a company that is ambitious and expanding at a rapid rate, METEN ENGLISH is looking at constantly becoming better suited to our students and employees needs and will continue the strive to become the best English education institution in the world! METEN is also looking at getting listed on the stock market!