Full-Time Morningstar, Senior Investment Analyst
As a Senior Investment Analyst, you will be part of the consulting team in China and will be involved in client deliveries and assignments. In this role, you will work with senior consultants, consultants, institutional clients, and relationship managers to define clients’ needs and deliver quality work. This position will require the ability to effectively support both internal (sales force) and external (institutional clients) client needs and engagement requirements.
- Obtain and analyze data to determine client solutions including, but not limited to, portfolio construction, determining model portfolios, performing manager/fund selection, performing due diligence (both quantitative and qualitative), and recommending solutions and/or changes to client products, services, and deliverables.
- Prepare reports and articulate end deliverables and solutions to internal Sales team and peers, and the client.
- Demonstrate interest in learning about theoretical and practical implications of the consulting process and client needs.
- Support and partner with Senior Consultants and Consultants in client work relating to portfolio construction, manager selection, due diligence, and other client-related needs.
- Assist the other team members on customized research newsletters for clients (monthly and quarterly) for clients, covering various segments like equities, fixed income, and the overall market.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- 3-5 years of investment experience with emphasis on mutual fund research / analysis and asset allocation.
- Advanced knowledge of the fund management industry in China.
- A BS degree in Finance or related field. MBA and/or CFA designation will be a plus.
- Knowledge of quantitative research will be a plus.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills both in Chinese and English.
- Good time management skills, and a knack for number crunching and problem solving.
About the company
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, and retirement plan providers and sponsors. Morningstar provides data on approximately 473,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on more than 12 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its investment advisory subsidiaries and had approximately $169 billion in assets under advisement and management as of June 30, 2014. The company has operations in 27 countries.
Address and contact
6th Floor, Tower A
Donghai International Center
7888 Shennan Avenue
Guangdong Province China
Tel: +86 755 3311 0000