Full-Time Qualcomm, Senior Software Applications Engineer
- Support Qualcomm multimode chipset customer for design-win projects, Help chipset OEMs to understand QCT modem software/solution, give customers training on QCT products.
- Play consultant/expert role, trouble shooting, identify problem reported by customers, analysis and report issues to developer team, help developer team to narrow down the root cause and fix problems.
- Work with handset manufacturers with Embedded Application and Wireless protocol Software, focus on IMS and VOLTE
- The role requires driving towards commercialization of Qualcomm IMS/VoLTE solutions in China. This also requires interfacing with external handset software developers and Qualcomm Engineers to do due diligence, design and develop common software modules, debug failures, suggest fixes, improve the software, enhance test procedures, develop scripts to automate debugging and document various procedures, and debug techniques. It is a highly technical job requiring significant hands-on work.
- It is a very challenging position requiring the candidate to learn Qualcomm Mobile station software, Embedded Software, Real Time OS, IMS, VoLTE and other wireless protocols, related specifications, their implementations, Wireless Mobile Test Equipments, test procedures, and industry standard test tools.
- Good understanding and background on wireless communication
- Development, debugging experience in IMS, VoLTE ( Voice over LTE) , RCS (Rich Communications Services), SIP,SDP protocols, Media Protocols (RTP, RTCP) is required.
- Working knowledge of any radio technologies like LTE/WCDMA/CDMA2000/1xEV-DO) with focus on Protocols (layer 3 or NAS)
- Experience on data protocol like tcp/ip.
- Experiences in VoLTE Trails, SMS over IMS commercialization, any wireless device commercialization is a plus.
- Good knowledge in C programming, debugging, RTOS and data structure.
- Good English communication and interpersonal skills
- High motivation, proactive, strong self-learning ability
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team from various disciplines and at various locations,
- 2+ years experience in wireless communication/embedded system development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s, major in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
About the company
Qualcomm started as an idea. An agreement. A pact. In 1985, seven individuals met in a den in San Diego for the purpose of creating “quality communications.” Today that den spans across more than 170 offices in more than 40 countries. The idea, however, remains the same.
No 0704, Desay Technology Bldg
Gaoxin S. First Ave, Gaoxin Science Park
Nanshan District Shenzhen 518057