Full-Time SAP, Presales Associate
Your journey toward becoming a successful Presales Associate begins with a world-class, one year global training program that includes six months of classroom-style learning at our state-of-the-art facility just outside San Francisco, California, followed by six months of on-the-job training at one of SAP’s many international office locations.
During the classroom portion of your training you will work with peers from 20+ countries and be exposed to innovative and cutting-edge learning techniques designed to promote your success in the field. Once you’ve relocated to your new SAP home office, you will then work alongside subject matter experts, mentors, and experienced executives as you continue to build the foundations for success in the Presales profession.
During your first six months of training at the Dublin, California training facility, you will experience a globally diverse community and learn all the foundational elements of the Presales role. Through role play, interactive exercises and team projects, you will learn about SAP solutions and industries, SAP Presales methodology, presentation delivery, project management, Design Thinking, business acumen, effective teamwork, executive level communication, and SAP Values. You will also be introduced to all the tools and support organizations that are available to help drive your future success.
During your second six months of training, you will be located in one of SAP field offices working directly with a local Presales mentor developing deep solution knowledge on a particular area of SAP’s portfolio. In addition to attending formalized classroom training on your area of specialization during this time period, you will have the opportunity to attend customer presentations and observe the Presales role in action, help to prepare detailed solution presentations with other Presales colleagues and attend marketing events to begin to refine your craft.
Upon successful completion of the one year program, you will be integrated directly into the SAP Presales organization where you will begin to partner with Account Executives, and together meet with customers to uncover opportunities and deliver value. Using the skills and solution knowledge developed during your training, you will be responsible for creating and delivering high-impact, detailed software demonstrations of SAP solutions.
Demonstrations can range from a one hour, high level executive presentation to a multi-day demonstration event. A Presales Associate partners with the sales organization on a customer engagement providing the product expertise, industry knowledge and presentation skills to deliver software demonstrations that set SAP apart from the competition.
This truly is an opportunity that cannot be missed—especially for those who want to see the world and are passionate about building an exciting career and future with SAP!
Expectations and Tasks for a Presales Associate (Post completion of SAP Academy)
- Create and deliver high impact, engaging software demonstrations that compel the customer to select SAP
- Support demand generation activities by staffing marketing events
- Provide deal execution support by responding to Requests for Proposals
- Lead customer discovery and site survey activities to uncover business challenges and opportunities for innovation
- Assist with post sale customer care engagements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required with an expectation of being in the top 1/3 of class. The SAP Presales Academy looks for a wide variety of backgrounds although degrees in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering, Human Resources or general business studies are preferred.
- Candidates should display the following competencies and requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extra-curricular activities
- An aptitude and passion for public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is curious and creative
- Possess a strong desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced sales organization providing
- Demand generation & deal execution support
- Technically oriented possessing an aptitude for rapidly learning complex software applications
- Be eager to excel in a vigorous, structured 12-month training program with significant quarterly certification requirements
- Possess strong business aptitude and working knowledge of at least 1 industry
- Be able to rapidly assimilate and distil complex topics in the form of a presentation
- Be willing to relocate for the first 6 months of the program to Dublin, California and potentially after completion of the one year program
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Work experience including internships is preferable
- Relevant coursework/projects that demonstrate your communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong work ethic that delivers high quality deliverables
About the company
As the world’s leading provider of business software*, SAP delivers products and services which help accelerate business innovation for its customers. We believe that doing so will unleash growth and create significant new value – for our customers, SAP, and ultimately, entire industries and the economy at large – making the world a better place for people everywhere.
Today, more than 82,000 customers in more than 120 countries run SAP applications – from distinct solutions addressing the needs of small businesses and midsize companies to suite offerings for global organizations
(*) SAP defines business software as comprising enterprise resource planning, business intelligence and related applications such as supply chain management, customer relationship management, product life-cycle management, and supplier relationship management.
Address and contact
24/F, Kerry Plaza 3,
No. 1-1, 4th Zhongxin Rd.