Full-Time The Hershey, Associate Director-Digital Marketing ( Shanghai )
Lead all aspects of International digital marketing, including training, sharing of best practices, capturing scalable learnings and influencing campaign development across regions for a portfolio of iconic brands, from strategy development through executional excellence. This includes engaging in positive strategic partnerships with marketing teams around the world to translate business and marketing strategies into effective, engaging and holistic digital marketing campaigns.
This leadership role on the Global Digital Center of Excellence Team will be expected to fully integrate digital into the Hershey Way of Brand Marketing in order to effectively ensure digital activations bring to life the best of brand strategies and drive our international business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Navigate, influence and partner with key cross-functional stakeholders and agency partners throughout all levels of the organization, from executive leaders to analysts
- Provide strategic thought leadership and subject-matter expertise on all things digital, delivering strategically sound digital solutions that successfully drive business objectives; this includes digital media, digital communication – display/video, social engagement and influencers, SEO/SEM, analytics/measurement, and digital infrastructure (e.g. mobile/websites, CMS, DAM, etc.)
- Provide thought leadership and program management for test & learn digital programs that produce actionable insights and scalable learnings to build organizational capability and optimized execution of future digital programs
- Executional Excellence/Agency Partner Management:
- Assume role as primary liaison and project manager of external agency partners, including media agency, creative agencies, strategic partners and testing partners, providing turnkey program management and execution of all necessary digital tactics
- Seamlessly integrate into brand teams and leverage in-depth brand knowledge to help brands ideate and create engaging, business driving digital/social campaigns
- Ensure integrated campaigns and digital activations are flawlessly executed on-time and on-budget
- Research and stay abreast of all things digital, including media, social, technology in order to codify and translate into shared learnings and training that will help keep the digital team current and elevate the capabilities of our marketing partners
Coaching and Development:
- Leverage subject-matter expertise to effectively coach and develop HSY marketers on digital application
- Coach and potentially supervise 2-3 digital team members (possibily in other markets) in not only developing sound digital strategies and activations, but also providing appropriate framing and consultation that is customized and relevant to our internal clients’ perspectives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Digital-related field is required
- 10+ years digital marketing experience, preferably with both agency and corporate marketing environments cross APAC/AEMEA regions
- Extensive experience across a variety of digital marketing tactics
- Passion for the confection/snacking industry
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with cross-functional team leadership
- Experience managing direct reports
- Flexibility and sensitivity to working with various styles and cultural norms
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Spanish speaking abilities preferred
About the company
The captivating story of Hershey’s spans nearly a century and a half of industrial and social change. It was in the year 1894 that candy manufacturer Milton Hershey made the decision to try adding chocolate coating to his caramels. Calling this new enterprise the Hershey Chocolate Company, he located it near the area he had been born, amid the rolling farmland of Derry Township, PA. By the summer of 1905, with the milk from nearby dairy farms and the spirit of hard-working local people, his new factory started turning out delicious milk chocolate.
No.1111, Zhao Jia Bang Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai 200031 China
Phone: +8621 (6057) 9595